What is the Self-Booked-Rooms Option?
Private Guided Hiking Adventures
What kind of traveller is this for?
We're now offering a Self-Booked-Rooms option at a reduced price. With this option, you're responsible for booking and covering the cost of your accommodations for a tour.
How does it work?
- Families and groups of travellers who could find suitable accommodations by renting a whole house or other unique lodging through online rental companies
- Money concious travellers who would prefer to stay in modest rooms in order to save money
- People comfortable booking their own accommodations
- Travellers looking for specific lodging arrangements
- We ask you about the type of accommodations you're looking for and if we know of anything suitable we'll provide suggestions for you
- We provide guidelines regarding where to book on which days (usually within 10km of the town where we're based)
- You book and pay for your rooms and send us the address of your accommodation ahead of time so that we can confirm that it's a reasonable driving distance
- We provide transportation to and from your selected accommodation (one morning pickup and one evening drop-off per day)
- You'll need to confirm that supper and breakfast options are within walking distance of where you'll be staying. Most of the areas we stay in are small towns so there are often no rides for hire available. You need to be comfortable remaining at your lodging for the night and walking to where you want to be. A stop for groceries can be built into the itinerary.
- If your accommodation is outside the limits provided, there'll be a surcharge to cover transportation costs.
- Rides to dinner may be arranged at an extra cost.